Welcome to the Adventist Child Care Network (ACCN) home page, hosted on the website of the Pacific Union Conference Office of Education Early Childhood Education and Care Division.
The Adventist Child Care Network is a professional organization for Seventh-day Adventist early childhood professionals.
The ADVENTIST CHILD CARE NETWORK (ACCN) is an organization of Seventh-day Adventist child care providers and other interested individuals who are engaged in ministry to children and their families with the purpose of discipling them for Christ.
The organization serves as a network for the encouragement and growth of those whom God has called to minister to the young child through child care. ACCN seeks to help the Church recognize the importance of weekday ministry to young children and to assist schools and churches in providing high quality, developmentally appropriate care and education.
The Purposes of ACCN are:
- To affirm, encourage and empower all engaged in the weekday ministry to young children
- To encourage the continued professional growth of early childhood professionals and to provide opportunities for their professional and spiritual growth
- To provide networking opportunities for Seventh-day Adventist Child Development professionals
- To foster unity between all areas of child development within the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- To encourage the incorporation of Early Childhood Education in the nurture and outreach programs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- To foster working relationships with the world church, unions, conferences, local churches, and schools
- To encourage surveys and research in the area of Child Development and Early Childhood Education in cooperation with the North American Division
- To counsel with the North American Division and General Conference in the development and review of programs and strategies for Child Development
- To provide guidance and resources to training organizations, colleges, and universities
- To advocate the hiring of Early Childhood specialists at all organizational levels of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- To develop working relationships with other Early Childhood Education organizations
- To encourage child care centers to obtain national accreditation.
Browse the ACCN Archived Newsletters from 1999 onward. To receive the quarterly ACCN newsletter, Adventist Child Care Connection, please send your mailing address to the editor.
Within the Administrators link, site supervisors will find helpful articles and documents specifically tailored to the operation of a Seventh-day Adventist early childhood education and care facility. Topics include Finances, Effective Boards, Risk Management Issues, Material Safety Data Sheets.
Infant Teachers will find daily care information forms, lesson plan ideas, portfolio development tips, developmental checklist forms and parent/teacher conference forms.
Toddler Teachers will find weekly care information forms, lesson plan ideas, portfolio development tips, developmental checklist forms and parent/teacher conference forms.
Preschool Teachers will find lesson plan ideas, portfolio development tips, developmental checklist forms and parent/teacher conference forms.
Pre-Kindergarten Teachers will find lesson plan ideas, portfolio development tips, developmental checklist forms and parent/teacher conference forms.
Articles and Texts hosts articles specific to early childhood education and care within the Seventh-day Adventist system. Currently there is an article titled “Mrs. White on Early Childhood”.
Members and Friends is the link which allows Seventh-day Adventist early childhood professionals to keep the ACCN apprised of current contact information. This way, you will never miss an issue of the Adventist Child Care Connection newsletter or any other informational mailings and/or email distribution.
Links of Interest provides helpful information on various early childhood issues such as:
- Teacher preparation programs in Seventh-day Adventist institutions
- Homeschooling information for the young child
- Seventh-day Adventist Curriculum and Instruction Resource Center Linking Educators (CIRCLE)
- Links to consolidated information on state licensing and regulatory statutes
- Links to state early learning guidelines and standards
- An invitation to join ACCN on Facebook